The SOP or Statement of Purpose is an imperative part of our application when one is looking for getting admission for higher studies in abroad. SOP along with Essay, is considered to be the most vital component of your application.
Make your statement of purpose unique
It’s significant to be focused, there is no need of getting bored. To eminent your essay from others add unique and relevant information. One of the best ways to do this is to discuss briefly, an idea in your field that turns you on. It lets you write about somewhat besides yourself for a bit.
Flashback the idea you choose to talk about because it can tell an admission committee a lot about you. And it exihibits your interest in your field rather than just describing it.
Points to Consider
- SOP must be more noticeable among others because your application is one of hundreds.
- SOP should concentrate on your academic record and future.Private issues should not be included in the SOP.
- SOP is one of few chances to articulate who you are and your academic goals. Take benefit of this opportunity and put full effort into it.
- Annotate any irregularity in your academic record, for example, low marks in asubject or semester.
- Express your personality and academic abilities in your SOP through observant and inventive writing.
- Be sure that your ideas flow smoothly from one paragraph to another.
- Do not surpass two single-spaced pages for the SOP.
- Line up one or two people to analytically read your SOP before it is finalized.
- Abstain the “what I did with my life” approach.
- Abstain the “I’ve always wanted to be a ” approach.
- Avoid a litany of achievements.
1. Language should be correct :
Nothing would get your reader off more than reading incorrect language. For most of the students applying , English is their second language. It’s important to get your SOP proofread to make it error less.
2. Putting the missing ingredients :
There are many things that form a part of an SOP – some may be very individual-specific , some may be basic. An editor will ensure that all basic ingredients like your passion for the subject, qualifications and experience are clearly reflected in the SOP. Faculty will also see that your strong personal traits or achievements are mentioned at the right place in the SOP.
3. Putting things in order :
Content should be in order. While writing an SOP, you may just write down your thoughts, but you have to put things in the right order. The reader must not get confused and scroll up and down to recollect the facts.